Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pointless Rumblings (Chapter -winter'08, Part-turmoil, Section-nothing better to do) :P

PROLOGUE

Let me clarify the "Chapter -winter'08, Part-turmoil, Section-nothing better to do" thing before i go on with my actual objective for those incoherent readers :P ( now!! now!! don't pout!! you are reading my blog ..what else do you think my first expression will be :D) . It all started with the inspiration to put down few of the million pointless things that go around in my head day in and day out, and since i needed some kind of categorization to see if there is a psychopathic trend there (all those psychology cuties (girls only !!! i am 100% straight with no intention of straying from the path).if you do stumble upon this and see some eccentric pattern, please leave me a comment with your phone no. and email ID along with a min 2"X 2" picture (larger size pictures highly appreciated). Pictures are for "once in a blue moon" kind of situation when i have to decide between two or more!!!. Anyway back to explanation, Chapter- explains the weather and year (as you can by yourself see , no need for explanation); Part- explains my current mood/life condition (has to predominantly exist for more than 2 weeks to qualify) and Section- explains the current condition. I think i have found a categorization of which even Freud would have been proud of (boasting of course.. he would have found we a total nut job right away).

Chapter -winter'08, Part-turmoil, Section-nothing better to do

Life seriously has been in a turmoil this last month or so (come to think of it the whole of 2008 has been a turmoil and i have been suffering from an unprecedented form of feeling comprising of sadness and restlessness). I have also been suffering from sudden bouts of "no social contact syndrome". I am not anti social, on the contrary i thrive in social gatherings, if people can overlook my first expression of a creepy guy ..hehehe. It probably has something to do with the "sadness and restlessness" feeling i was talking about ( Cute female psychology student, don't u think i am the best character study for you next class project, leave a COMMENT NOW!!! :P).

And to top it all i have to go to work everyday 2Hrs commute to the south of the city (i live on the north side of the city). I always used to make fun of hordes of people commuting to the southern suburbs when they lived in the norther burbs or vice a verse , but now it has come to bite me on the ass and say "ahhh u thought you were smarter than us". Well i am not complaining about the commute and work, its OK. I just cut down on stupid TV stuff i used watch endlessly just to waste time and now i watch only the things i adore. Like couple of days back i watched "Godfather" for the umpteenth time. This movie which i can watch umpteen times more still gives me pure movie watching pleasure. Even though this movie has countless memorable quotes (come to think of it everything is famous) but the ones i like the best are :
  • "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse- Don Corleone "- its ranked second most famous quotes , but the credit goes to Brando for making a simple line memorable.
  • "Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever. - Michael Coleone"- this one is one of my favourites specially because of the conviction with which it is delivered by Pacino.
Well i can go on and on about all the other quotes as there are so many and it difficult to choose , but you get the point.

The other movie i just watched again is "A fish called Wanda". I don't know how many of you have seen or heard of it , but its one of my favourite comedy(i term it eccentric comedy- do you see a pattern emerging now ..lol!!). Kevin Kline richly deserved his Oscar.

These quotes lead me to the AFI Top 100 Movie Quotes. i generally agree with their rankings of the quotes apart from some major ones like (which should have been higher):
  • "After all, tomorrow is another day!"-Scarlett O'hara from Gone With the Wind
  • "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?" - Dustin Hoffman from The Graduate
  • "Bond, James Bond" from any Bond movie
  • "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."-Humphrey Bogart from Casablanca.
Another thing i differ with their rankings is that of Humphrey Bogart. He is a damn good actor and is definitely in my top three its just that i prefer the smooth gentlemanly Cray Grant and soft spoken timid Jimmy Stewart before him. Of course i totally agree with their top three.
First being "Frankly my dear i don't give a damn" by Clark Gable in Gone with the Wind, and third being the "You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am" by Marlon Brando from The Waterfront.


Anyway..its past 12 AM and i need to go to sleep like a good little boy i am..lol!! will continue this Rumbling series ..


PS: i haven't abandoned the Fall trip series, just need some time to sort out the pics :(

No comments: